Counseling for Anxiety
You are ready to feel calm and relaxed. You are tired of feeling overwhelmed from constantly thinking about your fears and worries. It feels like anxiety is taking over your life. You have probably tried many times to control it, but it is still there. You may find it hard to sleep or even eat. Maybe you are avoiding certain places or situations for fear of the anxiety getting worse. Maybe your relationships with family, friends, or co-workers are suffering.
If this sounds like you, I’m confident I can help. My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment so that you can experience peace and contentment.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness, or feeling on edge
- Feelings of panic, dread, or impending doom
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas; a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past; a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, teach you how to use mindfulness to feel calm, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills. We will use Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) and/or Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to help you learn to face your anxiety and live your life to the fullest.
If you are looking for help with anxiety, contact me today to schedule an appointment.